Backgrounds and simple 2D animations for iOS app
Hello. I am working on a Sudoku-style app for iPhone and iPad (to be later ported to Android, etc.) I have a working prototype and some rough graphics that I created in Adobe Photoshop, and am continuing the coding and development. I am not a design expert, and I am currently hiring for a designer to take care of some of the more advanced graphic work.
This app is in SpriteKit. All graphics should be provided in PNG format with transparency as required. Typically iOS animations are handled by the software - for animated elements, you will need to provide one PNG per frame, named in such a way that I can figure out what is what. If you are new to iOS design, please familiarize yourself with Texture Atlases and this style of animation before bidding the job.
This app has a Japanese theme. I am using very relaxing, traditional Japanese music, and would prefer peaceful and beautiful Japanese-inspired graphics. I will provide PSD files for anything that I have already created. You are free to modify these, or create a new layout from scratch. I have included an Excel spreadsheet with the image dimensions I will need for each type of iOS device. At the conclusion of the job, I would like any source files (PSD, vector images, etc) along with rasterized PNG files that I can simply import into the app.
You are bidding on:
- a mockup for each screen size listed in the Excel spreadsheet showing how the background, grid, etc. would look.
- a variety of related / themed level background images to be displayed at random (at least 6 styles). Note - these images can be sized for the biggest device. They will "overflow" the smaller devices and get automatically cropped. In code, I do have some control over the center point and scaling of the image, but you will need to design it so that it will look good on all screen sizes listed. Again, these should incorporate traditional Japanese elements and be peaceful - zen gardens, rock gardens, temples, stuff like that is what I am envisioning, although your ideas and feedback are welcome. Make sure that the bottom of the screen is light colored and not too busy so that menu elements will show up well, and make sure that it will look OK with the grid displayed over the background.
- a "black square" image for each letter in the English alphabet. I will provide you with what I have been using - you can either work with it, or come up with something entirely new. These are all square, so this should be pretty straightforward.
- a few "tile" images for each letter in the English alphabet. Again, I will provide you with what I have been using, but feel free to use your own creativity if you think it will look better.
- a few "piles of poker chips" or something else to indicate how many in-game credits the player has. You can see what I have been using, but this is an unlicensed image and should not be reused. I want at least four images with different amounts of "money" depicted - if you are using a design style that makes it easy to give me more, then I will use all that you give me.
- some various button designs and font selections for menu labels as seen in the screen shots. Please provide source files so that I can modify them to make additional buttons if needed at a later date
- when a tile is placed incorrectly, I would like it to gradually "decay" over the course of 60 seconds to give the player a hint that it is incorrect. I would like at least 4 PNG animations with transparent backgrounds that can be superimposed over the tiles at random when they are incorrect - maybe the tile is slowly crumbling, growing weeds, attracting flies, etc. Remember these tiles are as small as 23 x 25 px or as big as 169 x 184 px depending on the device. I think the challenge will be making these scale nicely. I will work with you to implement and test any ideas you have!
Please review the attached documents and reach out with any additional questions!