Ongoing Support and Maintenance of Windows Active Directory Evironment
We are looking for an expert in Active Directory and Group Policy administration for windows environments to:
* analyze our scripts and policies
* analyze our printing scripts
* maintain/improve our scripts to improve performance
* maintain/improve our scripts to better handle roaming user profiles
* further develop and update our scripts and policies to handle windows 8.1 clients, including control over the metro interface and other new features of windows 8.1
* maintain and support scripting to best accommodate remote desktop users
* maintain our print queues and scripts so they reliably map printers
Our windows clients (xp and windows 8.1) connect to windows server (2008 enterprise and newer) environment. The environment is one centrally controlled location, and we currently have GPO/logon scripting/roaming profiles. We map network drives, have various GPO settings, map printers, use roaming profiles. The environment uses AD, ms office, exchange, sql, antivirus, etc.
As the full scope of this project is unknown, please provide an hourly rate and be willing to engage this project as an ongoing opportunity.
We will be able to work with you and provide feedback and information as needed.
This job will be an ongoing support and development role for current infrastructure and upcoming implementations of software and workstation upgrades.
Suggestions on ways to optimize the current AD and GPO are welcome and we'll discuss deployment on a per-instance basis.
Changes need to be implemented in the live environment on a schedule - once you devise a solution to a problem you will want to PMB it to review it with us and discuss when the change can go in place in the live environment. Once the change is in you would test your change and adjust as needed, or rollback/restore if there are issues that need more time to address - We do not have a lab environment nor do we have the resources at this time to build one. If you feel a lab environment is needed you would need to establish your own, although we could help you with imaging and sending you data. From our side your changes would go on the live environment. The live environment is 24/7 used, however its mission critical on a M-F 8 am to 6 pm CT uptime, with the weekends and weekday evenings available for updates to be pushed out and tested.
This all will relate to the client from the previous job.