Need an ActiveX Control
I need a simple ActiveX control that will work with Visual FoxPro 9. This ActiveX control will have the following features:
1. ActiveX control will receive parameter "Name of application to monitor" (apptomonitor) for a specific application like msword.exe
2. ActiveX control will then proceed to monitor the execution state of that application on the local workstation
3. When the app is detected as running, ActiveX control will change value of the property "Application State" (appstate) to 1.
4. When no instance of the application is open, "Application State" property will change back to 0.
5. Change in the value of property will trigger method "Application State Changed" (appstatechange)
1. ActiveX control will not produce any dialog boxes since it is going to be part of a windows service application.
2. Errors will be written to text files not displayed in dialog boxes. These errors will relate to invalid parameters or unexpected values encountered. There should be no programming errors in the ActiveX control.
3. Monitoring of the app should be done at the OS level, with triggers and not with constant calls to the OS. In other words, this ActiveX control should not become a resource hog.
If you have any questions before bidding, feel free to ask.