2 articles Advanced Vehicle Dynamics Control and ADAS
- 2 articles (each 1500 - 2000 words)
- Language: Native english speakers only please!
-Formatting: See attachment! Verdana pt 11
PLEASE USE ATTACHED TEMPLATE FOR TEXT
Please add author information below text
Please use good sources, no wikipedia et al (at least 5)
Layout: with 1-2 pictures (careful with copyright!), pls no extra spaces
EXACT TOPICS: TO BE SPECIFIED BY PRODUCER--see email!!
Vehicle Dynamics and Control provides a comprehensive coverage of vehicle control systems (90% via sensors in brake, suspension, propulsion, steering) and the dynamic models used in the development of these control system mostly to avoid accidents (=active safety) The control system topics covered e.g. cruise control, adaptive cruise control, ABS, automated lane keeping, automated highway systems, yaw stability control, engine control, passive, active and semi-active suspensions, tire models and tire-road friction estimation.
The current situation is as follows:
• Technics: Autonomous Driving / Self-Driving Cars / Robotic Driving in future
• Investments: ABI Research says carmakers spent more than $10 billion on "advanced driver assistance systems" in 2011. The company said the number could jump to $130 billion by 2016
• Social: Drivers have to learn what their car can do
• Legislation for autonomous driving: e.g. U.S. 2014/2015, First vehicle: 2018/19, Starting Market penetration in 2025)
• Explore new challenges in braking, steering, torque, suspensions, radar and lidar
• Learn how to benefit from other OEM's test scenarios to merge test datas in future
• Find out how to reduce sensors and secure safety at the same time
• Explore the AVDC and ADAS needs to get the highest car safety ratings
• Recue hardware costs for radar and lidar