Administrative Support Staff
INDIVIDUALS ONLY - NO ORGANIZATIONS
*I've lost my "in-person" admin! (but for very good reason). Now I'll hire an online assistant for my online practice!
*Busy professional in a growing organization needs a warm, extremely organized, self-starter who can check in often, discuss the CEO's current needs, and propose administratively supportive actions, once they have the "lay of the land."
*Please have high intelligence, pragmatism, a high degree of "people skills," and good intuition. The comfort level between us has to be right, and if it is, your position, pay, and responsibilities will grow.
*You'll start out at 3 hours a week the first week, 5 hours the second, and we'll see from there, whether we keep working together on week three.
*You'll start by digging me out of my inbox, organizing the files in my computer and Dropbox, and understanding my international clientele and the way my organization runs to meet their relationship needs. You'll move on the help us streamline and enhance the way the organization serves our clients "virtually," using online methods.
*Impeccable English speaking and writing skills, with or without an accent. If you represent me, you represent the entire organization, answering emails, setting up appointments, and scheduling travel. Your people skills should be always gracious, attempting to find pleasing solutions to those who come to us already distressed; communicating limits in a kind way when needed.
*Your first assignment in this application is to discuss why the world needs international couples therapists online. Our second step is an online interview. Please send me 3 times you can meet for 20 minutes, in EST, as well as your time zone. Don't send me a rote reply. I'll assume it's the best you can do: rote. I need more than that.
*You'll be hiring those who can do what you can't, so you have to be candid about what skills you bring to the table, and which ones we'll have to supplement. You can locate help here at Elance to bolster your skills.
*If I've asked you to apply, it is because I've read hundreds of descriptions today. Out of those hundreds, I've focused on a few. A very few.
*And you are one of them.
*I've carefully read what you've written about yourself, and what others have written about you, thoroughly. I'm a clinical psychologist with 30 years of experience, and I think you are one of the best. And I want to work with you, as one of the best.
*In some capacity.
*If I missed contacting you, and you are excellent at what you do, please don't hesitate to contact me.
*If you can't work with me now, or in this capacity, but have interest in doing so later, or in some other way, don't just reject the invitation. Let me know and I'll keep you on my list.
- Develop and maintain contact lists, agendas, meeting scheduling, routine communication and coordinate other business support activities
- Prepare files and maintain file storage and file retrieval systems
- Coaxing me to do tasks I abhor with your gentle nudging.
- Travel planning and coordination including reservations, itinerary planning, etc.
- Email management, scheduling and calendaring
- Perform additional tasks as they arise
- Experience in managing and organizing documents and schedules
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Wordpress blogging skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- International scheduling between time zones
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- A complete Elance profile
- References or an established reputation on Elance preferred