Adding Flashvars to existing Akamai Flash Video Pl
We are trying to incorporate FlashVars into a video player that loads one of two movies depending on the users' bandwidth speed. This video player also needs to be able to load a XML file containing multilingual captioning for the movies which also needs to be loaded via FlashVars written into the html.
Everything seems to be working until it comes to the FlashVars. In the zipped package is a copy of a working swf file that measures bandwidth begins playback of the corresponding movie but does not utilize FlashVars to call the locations of the movies, or the xml caption file either. There is another version which was my attempt at using FlashVars, which provides no output errors, but does not load the movies, and therefore does not playback.
We need help to write these FlashVars so that the accompanying .html file will load the xml location, the src1 filename’s string and the src2 filename’s string. We need to make sure the player plays the move with the bitrate that corresponds to the users’ bandwidth. There will only be two different movies (one encoded at 256k and another encoded at 56k). The corresponding captions will need to have the exact same filename as the movies, except with a .xml extension. The given name "src1" and "src2" do not necessarily need to be the names of the FlashVars, but something similar to that would like "url1" and "url2" or whatever be easiest.
I have gotten to the point where the player loads, measures the users’ bandwidth, begins playback of that user’s corresponding movie bitrate and also have managed to get the player to load an external xml file, determine the languages and their names, and then begin playback of their corresponding captions.
The code for the captioning can be found in
Creating an Akamai Video Player using multiple FlashVars
1) Must detect bandwidth and determine which bandwidth is most efficient for user and then deploy the corresponding bitrate. The two bandwidths being offered are 56 and 256.
2) Must have multiple FlashVars for the 2 source movies as well as the XML Caption file.
3) Must utilize XML written for multilingual captioning. (working version of xml in zip)
4) Must be written in ActionScript 3.0
5) Must be written into ActionScript class packages.
6) FlashVars must be able to be read in from HTML.
7) Our current version of the caption selector uses a drop down menu, but It we would prefer a button selection process where the toggle buttons turn on/off the captions for each language.
8) The final product does not need the output panel or the Shift Stream buttons, they are just for debugging.
9) The player must play .mov files encoded in H264 format, and not the Flash .FLV formats.
Things that Have already been done.
1) Bandwidth Detection and selection of movie according to users bandwidth
2) Already written code for XML captioning, but needs to be incorporated into this video Player.
3) Written the XML files that correctly identify the number of languages in the XML file and the corresponding caption and switches on and off according to its' corresponding button.
4) Written most of the code for the movie connections, including the netStream, netConnection, bandwidth detection, etc.
5) The Graphical interface for the video player has been done as well.
**Need to know info: Here are the rtmp links to use as an example for the 56k and the 256k mov files.