Amazon Web Services Hosting - Website Transfer/Setup
We have been working with an organization for 5 years that would like to transfer hosting under our control. We would like to transfer the website to our Amazon Web Services account for hosting. Before we can begin the transfer, we have to identify the transfer cost, and ongoing hosting costs.
A board of directors will have to vote on the costs, so it will take some time before the actual transfer occurs. First, we need to confirm if the transfer is possible, and the costs.
We are looking for candidates that have experience with setting up hosting and SSL on AWS.
(Optional) We'd like some additional development on the site (PHP/MySQL) after the transfer if you're available, but we can proceed with this in subsequent jobs, or find other developers.
First Priority Details
1. Transfer site to new secure host. PCI compliant if possible, with server logs. (AWS) I need an estimate for the transfer cost, and approximate monthly cost for hosting.
2. Identify potential security vulnerabilities in site code, and provide estimate for updating. (The site has been hacked a couple times this year, but could be due to the current host/server, so this may not be necessary.)
3. Confirm ability to setup new SSL for online store and donation sections of website.
- Website is currently hosted at Rackspace.
- The organization is very concerned about security.
- The organization would like to have server logs kept longer than a month, so that if the site is hacked again, the source and method of the hack can be traced.
- The organization website has an online store and takes donations on the site, and uses SSL for those areas. The old developer handled SSL, so we'll need to figure out where to setup a new SSL. (The organization has been told hosting needs to be PCI Compliant, if possible.)
- We are not sure how much space, or how much bandwidth the site uses each month, but we have FTP credentials if that will help with your assessment.