Amazon Web Services Consultant and Security Specialist
Location: Telecommute. Company is in Seattle, WA, USA
Duration: Project with occasional maintenance
Possible Remote/Telecom: Yes
OwlOutcomes enables health care providers to make wise treatment decisions by making it easy for providers to routinely monitor their patients' progress over time using evidence-based assessment tools. Tracking patient progress leads to better outcomes in shorter periods of time, which saves time, money and human suffering. This HIPAA compliant and secure solution instantly scores, graphs and compares multiple problems to national norms where available. Providers review results from OwlOutcomes' extensive digital library of assessment measures and use those results to collaboratively develop and monitor treatment plans with their patients.
This position requires a technically savvy and hands-on individual, familiar with a broad range of open-source and AWS technologies who has the ability to understand, secure and manage AWS EC2 Linux VMs and software deployment tools/builds for a HIPAA compliant SaaS Startup.
- Refine and document AWS/configuration requirements and settings
- Harden, secure, and manage AWS assets to provide a LAMP application
- Setup DevOps automation infrastructure with tools such as Salt and Jenkins
- Evaluate and document logging approach
- Perform penetration testing on an as needed bases
- Perform troubleshooting on AWS assets when needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Deep understanding of asset technologies including EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53, etc.
- Deployed LAMP applications with Web UI frontends
- Deployed application with RESTful services interfaces
- Experience building private AMI's on VPC's
- Experience in deployment to multiple availability zones and regions with active/active or auto failover inclusive of addressing data assurance, auto scaling and outages
- 3+ years experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy, controls, etc. desired.
- Experience implementing architectures meeting industry standards to achieve HIPAA compliance.
- Implementation experience with security packages, identity management and federation systems.
- Experience implementing security controls around LAMP stacks.
- Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations on AWS.
- BS level degree preferred, computer science, business or math background preferred.
- Amazon Web Services Certification desired