Project Manager for Ecommerce/Laravel/Android Project
We will bring some great developers.
You will bring your extensive expertise in software project management, a deep knowledge of software development methodologies, a highly focused mindset, and a passion for quality.
Together, the team (with you as the Project Manager) will produce a great product within very tight deadlines, on time and within budget.
The project involves four major sub-projects which must be delivered within an 8-10 week timeframe:
1) An upgrade of our existing ecommerce platform from Codeigniter to Laravel;
2) Development of a full-featured, REST-based API for the ecommerce platform;
3) Delivering the platform to a major licensee (client), along with a significant upgrade of our client provisioning system;
4) Development of an Android app for the platform.
You will have the overall responsibility for:
* Planning, monitoring, and reporting on the project;
* Escalating issues to management before they become "issues";
* Managing the interfaces between the sub-projects, ensuring developers are always on the same page;
* Ensuring high quality documentation at all levels (product, system, modules) is developed in sync with the project;
You will not write code, but your real-world experience with PHP/Laravel and your deep knowledge of Agile development, BDD, project planning, and software documentation practices will give you the ability and credibility to produce a robust plan and manage a team of highly intelligent, skilled developers who will be working in a high pressure environment.
You will also leave behind a highly professional software development process that will become part of our standard corporate processes.
You will be directly RESPONSIBLE for:
* Developing and managing the Project Plan;
* Preparing weekly reports for Management and for the Client;
* Running regular meetings including management reviews, code reviews, and UATs;
* Preparing overall system architecture and design documents (with support of Management and developers);
* Defining and/or documenting software development standards, practices, and guides and ensuring that all developers adhere to them (aligned with Agile/BDD and practices already in use within the Company);
* Ensuring that all code is properly documented according to set standards;
* Delivering a defect-free product within scope, on time, and on budget.
You will also CONTRIBUTE to:
- Defining system architecture;
- Helping developers prepare documentation;
- Defining processes;
- Defining project and process standards;
* Communication skills, good with people - especially engineers;
* Project Management methodology and tools. Experience with planning and managing resource-constrained (effort driven) projects. Preferred tools include Open Workbench and MS-Project.
* Management reporting
* Software Development - Agile, BDD;
* Good understanding of programming languages/frameworks/tools - PHP, Laravel/Symfony, Git, REST;
* Preparation of software documentation;
* Previous exposure to Android development would be a plus.
* Previous exposure to ecommerce development would be a very big plus.