I have a number of articles for Arabization, to be summarized and written in editorial style.
Here's what's needed:
- Create an outline of the article that includes the narrative and the sections you want to include/topics to be covered from the original articles.
- We're looking for a unique voice, so no direct translation.. Write it how you understand it and why you think this is interesting. Include any other sources that you think are relevant (if any). We're looking for topics that start smart conversations among people, and we need your help in making it interesting enough for young Arab audiences without making it too trivial.
- Once we agree on the outline, you will write the article and send it through for approval and revision, then you submit the final version.
- We want to capture the essence of the article and the important and interesting stuff to keep it concise.
- We don't want anything longer then 700-800 words, keep it short if you can (400 words range), if not, you can go for around 800. If you think you need more, make your case in your outline.
- You can take as many articles as you want from the below, and submit outlines. Not all your outlines will be accepted, unless you're really good and get exactly what we're looking for :)
- The time-frame is really important, we're looking for each article to take 48 hours before submitting the first final draft (24 hours or less for the outline, 24 hours to submit the article). The faster you can submit, the better. So please give us the time you will take.
- We're looking for the best value out there and the best writers we can get. Please include your price along with your outline, we expect better prices for more than one article. We will not compromise quality for a better price, but we will not overpay either.
Here are the articles we're looking for you to work on:
Graphene may be the most remarkable substance ever discovered. But what's it for?
This needs to be summarized, we think it's a bit too long, but we think it could be an interesting topic. See how can you give us the gist of it without compromising the quality of the material.
Germanwings Flight 9525, Technology, and the Question of Trust
We love the trust angle in this. Needs to be made shorter, not all the details. There are interesting stuff in the article about technology and whats happening in that scene. Should be part of what interests the audience.
Can Authoritarian Capitalism Outlive Lee Kuan Yew?
This may be interesting because Arabs are fond of Lee Kuan Yew, and there are a lot of similarities between his authoritarian regime and many of the regimes around the Middle East, yet he managed to create a successful story giving hopes to similar regimes, but can this be sustained? In other words, the underlying message I can think of is, can an authoritarian country in the Middle East create a successful economy that can sustain itself beyond "The Man" with the vision.
If you're interested in such topics, this may be an interesting article for you.
The Secret Life of Passwords
This is a good culture story that has to do with experiences we all face. Should be fun to do but needs to be shorter. Tell us what parts u think are worth it in your outline?
Rise and Shine
What kids around the world eat for breakfast.
Interesting story. Just give us a summary intro of the body then go with the list in brief (what they eat, why)