ASP.net MVC development - LDAP/EDMX/JQUERY
Open Attachment for a better view
Visual Studio 2012 Professional
Sql Server 2008 R2
ASP.net MVC 4 web application -> C# - razor - Visual Studio Unit Test
Active Directory (LDAP)
Entity Framework (EDMX)
Use MVC 4 default template
User Story 1 – LDAP Authentication
As a user, I want to access the web application using LDAP authentication. Username needs to be stored in a database table.
Column Datatype Default
PK UserIDKey bigint IDENTITY(1,1) PRIMARY KEY
Role int 1
1 = Standard User
2 = Admin
1. When user open the web app request the following information: domain, user and password
2. Authenticate the username and password using LDAP
3. Save the username in a database table with the default role = 1 ( which means is not an admin)
1. CRUD operations must be defined using db store procedures and Entity Framework – examples spSearchUser, spAddUser, spUpdateUser, spDeleteUser
User Story 2 – User Menu
As an user, I want to replace the default MVC menu with a horizontal menu (jquery menu) that contain the following options:
Setup ? Customers Items
1. Use jquery menu
2. Once the user is authenticated the app will display the menu on the top
3. Based on the User Role, if is an admin it will enable the option Users, otherwise it will remain hide or disabled.
4. Use Entity Framework to query the database
User Story 3 – CUSTOMERS [CRUD OPERATIONS]
As a user, I want to be able to maintain customers. This means the options of Create, Read, Update and Delete records.
Use Inline Edit
DOB = Date of Birth
2. Use jquery datatables and jquery-datatables-editable
3. Create stored procedures for all CRUD operations– examples spSearchCustomer, spAddCustomer, spUpdateCustomer, spDeleteCustomer
4. Use Entity Framework (EDMX)
5. Validate user is able to create/edit/delete records inside the grid
6. Format DOB in User Interface as follow 01/31/1978
7. Create Unit Testing - Visual Studio Unit Test
User Story 4 – ITEMS CRUD OPERATIONS
As a user, I want to be able to maintain items. This means the basic options of create, read, update and delete records.
Use popup to add or update
CustomerIDKey: will be selected from a dropdown. Dropdown will display the First Name + Last Name + DOB.
Example "John Doe – 01/31/1978"
Image: this field will store an image, let the user choose and upload a file from his PC.
CreatedBY and UpdateBy are the UserIDKey who created the record and last one who updated. These columns are not editable thru the User Interface. These options are hide.
CreatedDt and UpdatedDt are the datetimes when records was created and last time updated. These columns are not editable thru the User Interface. These options are hide.
1. Use jquery datatables and jquery-datatables-editable
2. Create stored procedures for all CRUD operations – examples spSearchItem, spAddItem, spUpdateItem, spDeleteItem
3. Use Entity Framework (EDMX)
4. Validate user is able to create/edit/delete records inside the grid
5. Grid will display the Item Photo on each records as a catalog.
6. Editable form, has a dropdown to choose the customer
7. Editable form, has an option to upload/delete photo
8. Price is formatted as follow $9,999.00
9. CreatedBy, UpdatedBy, CreatedDt, UpdatedDt must be filled automatically in store procuredures: spAddItem and spUpdateItem
10. Create Unit Testing - Visual Studio Unit Test