Android app wrapping a blog-like web page
We're looking for someone to develop a simple Android app that wraps a blog-like webpage (main page that contains article previews, click on preview to navigate to whole article). The main view is a web browser (WebView) component that fills the screen except for a navigation bar. The app should also subscribe for Google Cloud Messaging push notifications, post its registration token together with some user settings to a server using HTTP and handle received push notifications.
The app should be tested on multiple devices and different Android API versions, localized in three languages (translations will be provided), code style should be consistent and clean but unit testing and documentation is not necessary, should use the Android Studio based on IntelliJ IDEA and the deliverables will be the APK and source code.
OS version for Android:
Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Development of webservices:
Development of graphic design and UI elements:
I will provide the all assets.
Top app requirements:
Short summary of requirements (we have them more detailed):
* The main view displays the current web page, this can be different depending on global system language setting or an app setting
* Navigation bar, should look like the default Android browser or similar. Can go forward, back, share (social sharing, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and reload
* User settings for the app are "language" and a list of categories. Each category can be turned on or off (using checkboxes for example). All categories are on by default. The "language" is the system global language by default
* Push notifications, the app registers for Google Cloud Messaging. Messages received contain a URL and a title, the title should be displayed on-screen and when the user presses the message, the app should be shown and navigating to the URL
* Subscribing for notifications, a HTTP POST request should be sent to a specific server when the app has received a GCM token. The HTTP request should contain the language (or the system global language) from user settings and the categories picked in user settings. Subscriptions should be refreshed when the app is activated and it was more than 10 days since the last HTTP request was sent. It should also re-send the request whenever the user changes any settings.
Duration of post production support:
None, future updates might possibly be of interest.