Linux Admin, Clean Centos server old software colliding with w3 total Cache
Hi, im having real troubles with my dedicated server configuration and hostgator did not help with errors related to wordpress plugins.
First I want to give you a little information of my issues with the server.
Im on a dedicated server elite plan at hostgator since several years ago. In the server there is some of my websites. About 10 sites. The main one, and the one that generates the money to pay the hosting bill is the one with w3 total cache conflicts for wordpress.
I also have a "test" domain (developers .com domain) where I run the changes in order to test them before apply them in my live site (the .net domain)
my main site have several years online, and in the course of those years ive installed a lot of scripts including mod_pagespeed, APC, and others. Now im migrating from an old CMS called subdreamer (installed in root) to wordpress (installed in tupincho.net/wp). I need the server to be clean, speccialy the instance where my main production website is hosted.
I was able to install and configure w3 total cache without any issues at my developers domain, but for some reason the plugin doesn't work in my production domain, when I activate the cache I get strange characters all over the page in IE, firefox and in google pagespeed insights website. I suspect its because double compression or something related.
Both sites are in the same server and run the same wordpress plugins versions, and the same theme.
There is some specific module, feature or directive being loaded ONLY for my production site that collides with w3 total cache, and because of that I requested your professional services as a linux administrator and php coder
The server is dedicated and I have 8 gb of ram being underused. 8 cores cpu, and 25.000 visits per day in the whole server.
Hints for troubleshooting:
1) The server used to have APC running on old php versions. Look for some old APC files being loaded.
2) The server now have php 5.5 being runed as fastcgi mode and have APCu installed and working. You can look at:
3) The server have ZEND opcache (php 5.5) installed and working fine
4) PHP was recently upgraded to 5.5 version.
5) According to pingdom tools response time in my developers domain is not so bad, but is terribly slow on my production domain (remember both domains in the same server)
What I need:
1) Advice from you in all the aspects related to speed up my site and server to the maximum extend. No customers websites on the server, all the sites hosted are mine.
2) Uninstall old APC files and keep the new APCu module working without any conflict
3) Fine tune APCu and OPcache for maximum performance and scalability if traffic grows
4) Tune my mysql database for maximum performance, you can install memcached or something you need for this as long as this can work along with APCu and opcache
5) Install mod_spdy in case it can be used along with w3 total cache and do not generate conflicts. (I will use https and want maximum performance)
6) Eliminate the conflict in my production domain with w3 total cache, and please tell me what was causing the issue. I have a week sleeping bad because of this issue LOL
7) Tune up w3 total cache plugin for maximum performance
8) I will use Maxcdn and cloudflare together to provide the best possible speed. I read some great reviews online of this configuration. Both accounts already opened.
9) I have a security certificate being validated right now to be installed on the site. But I suspect I have to install it on cloudflare servers to be visible to the end users.
10) Please no hardcoded solutions, I need stability if I change some configuration in the future.
11) Hardcode or modify w3 total cache to disable the anoying pop-ups displayed to the admin after 30 days of use. Asking for facebook likes or reviews
12) I need this work to be done Fast, in less than 4 days. Not overnight but fast.