Additional ColdFusion Developer on a Scrum Team
We are working with a client who has an e-commerce web site created using ColdFusion. The site is in a "soft opening" mode right now but is about to ramp up via national TV exposure in about a week. We've been lined up as the primary development team to carry the site forward with maintenance and enhancements.
We've been on this project for a couple of months and we're looking to grow the team with another top-notch ColdFusion expert working 20 hours a week for now, with the possibility of more hours in early 2014.
The site is hosted on a Linux server with Apache and Fusebox with a PostgreSQL database.
Beyond ColdFusion expertise, we're looking for the following qualities:
* Experience working on a Scrum team and a drive to be a positive force within an empowered team, to creatively execute on the product owner's priorities.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and "team player" attitude.
* Availability for a daily standup between 9am and 5pm Eastern time, via telephone or Skype. (Note that if you work only certain days, for example 7 hours a day for 3 days a week, you'd only attend the standup on the days you're working on this project.) Current standup time is 9:30am Eastern.
* Availability for other sprint meetings during the 2-week sprint period, between 9am and 5pm Eastern, such as sprint planning, backlog grooming, sprint review, and sprint retrospective.
* Experience working with JIRA Agile (formerly GreenHopper) is a big plus.
* Willingness to be part of a "response team" to deal with critical production site bugs and outages during off-hours is a plus--but this is NOT a requirement. (The specifics of this would be carefully defined, for example during what time of day and what days of the week. The biggest non-business hours exposure would likely be during evenings and on weekends.)
Note that this job's terms are hourly and include the use of Work View. If you are unwilling to use Work View please do not apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!