Transit Daily Ridership and Revenue Database and Reporting
We already had begun development on a tool to enable us to enter daily ridership and revenue. The goal was to enter information into an easy user interface, and then also be able to generate reports as needed, by having "non-techie" employees choose parameters for the reports needed. Next, data needs to be imported from the previous few years (right now it's all on individual worksheets in Excel, one workbook per month). Last, we need to be able to easily update the tables as fares and other information changes. We will provide the tool that was already developed, as it may be easy enough to simply update, however it was done some time ago, and there have been some changes. The developer is not available to us any longer.
We're looking for a Database expert to help us create applications and infrastructure to maintain our data.
- Review business requirements and perform a technical analysis of requirements
- Produce a solid, detailed technical design
- Write clean, modular, robust code to implement the desired requirements
- Contribute ideas for making the application better and easier to use
- A work style that is extremely detail oriented
- A complete Elance profile
- References or an established reputation on Elance preferred