Update, upgrade and create user friendly database for end users
Hi, I need to re-engineer my site.
I like the visual aspects but I need a user interface that is easy to input and also easy to search. I'm not technically astute.
I have a good idea of what I want though.
I need a good price and a quality site that will be secure and fast.
Divide The Ride
Look and feel:
I do like the shades of blue and colors used on the present website.
It's easy on the eyes and users might stay longer.
I like the font for the website name.
The font for the rest of the menu items might not be the best though.
1. Connect Console (Classifieds)
This is the primary function of the website.
- User can begin data entry from homepage. A little data entry box that will link to the Connect Console page.
- They can choose from the options and set up a "DTR Request"
- Options will be a wide range of values for transport, accommodation etc. It needs restructuring; it must be clear and easy to input data and find data.
It should be a very user friendly database that can be arranged and sorted by various input data such as but not limited to: arrival/ departure dates, book in / checkout dates/ origin/ destination/country or countries/ name of company/ accommodation type/ name of accommodation/ mode of transport/ name of transport company/ specific services/ a contact method/ description of a product the user wants to share and costs involved
There must also be an option for carpoolers, daily, weekly travelers offering to 'share the fare'.
- Users should be able to make unique "DTR Requests" if our options don't suit their needs
- DTR should automatically put out a Tweet when a "DTR" Request is made.
- Users can also choose if they want to post their "DTR Request" on social media.
2. Deals (Sales)
- 3rd Party sales page (should be easy to input 3rd party data and pics)
- Google Ads (areas to advertise)
- Custom Deals page
- Slider on homepage for custom and 3rd Party deals
- 3rd Party Widgets
- Allow users to start threads from Connect Requests
- Allow users to start any thread, it might be location specific, transport specific, etc.
- A user could start a thread using the following information: Title, Country, Region, City, Suburb, address, accommodation type ( multiple values) , transport type (multiple values), all optional except maybe Country.
4. Advertorials and Travel Articles (Hot Spots)
- Articles should have back links to website
- Articles can be tweeted on a daily basis?
- A slider show on homepage (smaller than deals)
5. Shopping Cart
- Functionality for future use, custom deals
Home page ideas…
- new menu buttons - on hover explanation
- sliders for deals
- sliders displaying adverts, articles etc.
- a brief explanation of the website,
an invitation to register, submit and "DTR request"
- a widget (3rd party)
I hope this helps.
The website is www.dividetheride.com