I need someone to debug some minor conflicts between a wordpress plugin and my wordpress theme.
PHP and Wordpress experience a must, and if you happen to have worked with either my theme ( [obscured] /themes/striking/) or the plugin ( [obscured] /wordpress-events-calendar-pro/) then that would be optimal.
“Everything was fine for the first few days, until Matthew proposed closing the project even though it wasn't complete. From this point Matthew was increasingly a nightmare to deal with, in terms of getting his time/attention and in terms of quality. Most items needed multiple reviews and then he botched the transfer from test to live server, putting us almost back to square one. He repeatedly tried to close the project despite it not being complete. The few responses I got from him were largely off-topic or nonsensical.
My experience seems consistent with other reviews, which are either terrible or glowing. If you are lucky enough to get good Matthew for your whole project, everything will be fine. If you get nightmare Matthew it will be a different story. Do you feel lucky?
Also, NEVER use Elance¿s hourly system. This appears to be Matthew¿s preference, but Elance¿s ¿Workview Guarantee¿ gives you no assurance of quality or even completion, as I found during the dispute process. If Matthew dumps you mid-project, you will wind up paying him for unusable work with no recourse.
TO SUM UP:
1) The work as specified and agreed to was not completed
2) Matthew did not adhere to the specs, including not following the basic file architecture I requested
3) There was no respect for schedules
4) Matthew demonstrated no knowledge of project management or quality assurance
5) The quality of the work was increasingly sloppy
6) Work was not documented as required by the specs
7) Matthew did not communicate effectively or professionally (or at all, sometimes) once it was clear there was a problem
8) Elance provided inadequate support and protection during the dispute process.
I will never hire or recommend Matthew in the future. I'm not writing a negative review because I'm out to get him or to vent my frustration, but as an honest warning to anyone considering him. Go ahead if you have the time & money to risk, but don¿t say you weren't warned.