Generate CSV files from Virtuemart (Joomla) eCommerce orders
Job entails creating a PHP script that will be setup on a cron job (timed intervals throughout the day). The script will query the virtuemart database orders table (mysql) based on orders with specific status, and export orders in a specifically formatted CSV file. Each order has information stored across 3-4 tables in the DB that will need be joined. (orders, order items, user info, etc). I will provide you with the tables and which fields to join on.
Steps needed for this job:
1. Query the DB for orders that have a status of open/pending.
2. Create/export a specifically formatted CSV file (I will provide complete detailed instruction) and land it in a specific folder on the webserver. Each order should become it's own CSV file.
3. Take the exported CSV file and put it on a remote FTP site (perhaps wput?)
4. Move the original CSV file that is on the webserver to an archive folder on the webserver. Leaving the original folder location empty (once copied files were transferred via FTP site and to the archive folder).
5. Update the status of the order inside the virtuemart orders table.
I have the logic part mapped out exactly how we want this, I just lack the time at the moment to figure out the PHP coding. I will provide the job candidate with all necessary info and this should be a very straightforward project. Please ask any questions prior to bidding. I will want to communicate by phone if possible, once the job has been awarded, to ensure everything is clear and to protect both of our time.
This project is urgent, so the sooner you can deliver, the better.
If you need more info before you bid, let me know and I'll get you what you need.