Book #2 Editing & Consulting
Sense of humor for sure! The ability to bring a little Midwest slang to the voice of the character that I have already created. Possibly a person who has some elementary education exposure between K-3rd grade. This book is about my character being 'Star of the Week' at school. She is in 1st grade. This book will be used as a platform for marketing and branding the character hopefully catching the eye of Scholastic. So, if you have integrated your skills with branding that would be great! MY favorite book is Double Trouble in Walla Walla by Andrew Clements. The books characters are fantastic and each have such a hilarious voice that when you read the book its such an attention getter and keeps you glued to the end. Finding the text to go with the voice will be important.
Desired but not required:
Marketing Children's genre
I do believe that there are people out there who excel in certain areas that may not have been educated in that area, so it comes naturally to them.
- Create high-quality content that matches our intended voice and style
- Publish written articles on a variety of content websites, content management systems or media outlets
- Take on ad-hoc writing and marketing projects as they arise
- Contribute ideas on improving existing messaging and content
- Fluent English including excellent writing, grammar, spelling and formatting
- A work style that is extremely detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- A complete Elance profile
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates an ability to create compelling copy for a wide variety of brands, audiences and industries
- References or an established reputation on Elance preferred