Linux Server administrator (Red5 and FFMPEG exp. required)
We need to hire a new Linux server administrator for my company's web server. It is a VPS with GoDaddy, and it has custom installations of FFMPEG and Red5 Media Server because we have special video technology on our website (PHP) that requires those programs. Uses WHM and cPanel.
I would like to pay $100/month for the following:
1. You should secure the server first, though that should be easy because we did that recently.
2. You should provide monthly reports, and include recommendations for how to improve the speed of our website whenever possible
3. You should set up backups for the database/website files, and occasional backups for the FFMPEG installation, because it's customized to our video technology.
4. You should be friendly and willing to communicate with my developers to solve problems that are server-related. We do lots of website work, so sometimes you might have to answer questions from developers. I fired our last server administrator because he did not communicate well with my developers.
5. You should respond quickly to questions on Skype and email.
6. I will only consider you if you have multiple good reviews from past server clients.
Please message me and we'll set up an interview!