Configure Basic Zone based Firewall
Configure Basic Zone based Firewall and simple policy on Cisco 2900 Series ISR Router for the purpose of blocking Facebook, Pandora, Spotify, Netflix, Instagram
1. Create a basic zone based firewall for Tradition Cisco 2900 ISR Router
Zone 1 = Inside Traffic
Zone 2 = Outside traffic
Policy 1= Blocked Websites
Policy 2 = Good websites
(Naming conventions are for example only)
2. Once item number one is complete, go into the router using CCP and initiate content filtering to block Facebook, Pandora, Spotify, Netflix, Instagram.
3. Check to see if a banner can be displayed when user tries to access blocked "This website has been blocked by Zone Based Firewall. The following web address is not secure and should not be used for business purposes"
4. Test work stations, surf to blocked sites, see if the open
5. Verify Access to KM, Printing, EMA, Email, Timeclock and any other business purpose website.
6. Create back up config TFTP to server.
7. Review disaster plan for hardware replacement of router, discuss how to initialize brand new router from scratch.
8. Discuss how to turn interface on, assign LAN IP, assign WAN IP, pull saved config from TFTP server onto router.