FRENCH > JAPANESE / KOREAN / SPANISH Translation
We have a FRENCH phrasebook that needs to be translated into JAPANESE, KOREAN, and SPANISH.
The French phrasebook includes 2,168 phrases (about 10,363 words). The content consists of everyday, commonly-used phrases that are heard in conversations between people.
Each French phrase needs to be translated into the target language, and some phrases would also need to be literally translated to show the actual sentence structure. The translation will be used by native speakers of the target language who are learning French (e.g., native Japanese speaker who wants to learn French).
The good thing is, if you are also fluent in English, you can refer to the English translation which has already been done, if it will help.
Ideally we are looking for a native speaker of the target language who is fluent in the source language (or someone who is bilingual).
We are looking for individual FR > JP, FR > KR and FR > ES translators who will be hired separately (applicant doesn't have to translate into all three target languages).
There will be more work to do after this task, but for this project, we will just focus on this translation.
We may hire 2 people for each translation job (one for translating, and one for checking).
If possible, we'd like you to work through Google Sheets. Otherwise we'll send you the phrasebook in Excel format.
If you're interested in this job, please tell me:
1. Your background (eg., where you're from, grew up, etc.)
2. Which is your first language ('true' native language), and your level of competence for the target language (specify the target language you are applying for)
3. Your experience in translating FR > JP, FR > KR or FR > ES
4. Your quote for the job (or each phrasebook) if you TRANSLATE
5. Your quote for the job (or each phrasebook) if you CHECK
6. Any other information you might think would help me want to choose you
We hope to get your best rate because there will be a lot more work after this that will need to be done with the phrasebook, and also a lot more stuff (scripts) to translate in the coming 12 months and more.