JavaServer Faces (JSF)/Java Persistence (JPA Â¿ Hibernate) / Document based
This is a posting for an intermediate level (3+years) JavaServer Faces developer with experience using open-source component frameworks, Java Persistence API (prefer Hibernate), and non-relational databases. The development requires full-lifecycle experience (requirements & design through testing).
An existing application is being upgraded. This is a fully functional product ordering system with a customer web interface for searching products and placing orders as well as a back-office system for administering data and processing orders and financial information.
The application has a desktop interface as well as a web interface. The desktop interface is mainly used for application administration and back-office functionality. The web interface is accessed directly by customers. The application is currently written using a proprietary software language based on the IBM Notes & Domino environment.
The application will remain in IBM Notes & Domino, but the proprietary language is being converted to IBM's xPage implementation of JavaServer Faces. This is a fully functional JSF implementation based on the JSF 1.1 specification. The UI component implementation extends the core JSF model.
The database layer will remain in the IBM Domino format. This is a document based storage facility equivalent to a flat file database.
You are not required to know the IBM Notes & Domino programming languages. The lead developers will work with you to design a Java/JSF implementation mimicking the existing functionality. Also, you will not be required to know the IBM Domino storage facility. A DAO pattern has been implemented so your expertise will be required in utilizing data retrieved from the pattern implementation.
What you will bring to the table though is strong JSF knowledge, knowledge of one or more JSF UI Component APIs (beyond the core API), strong web application development for product based merchants, a strong knowledge of JPA (preferably Hibernate), flat file database experience, and the ability to take design specifications and turn them into functional, bug free, fully tested code.
The technical experience detail requirements are:
**MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE**
- JavaServer Faces (3+ years)
- JDK 1.6 (3+ years)
- HTML / CSS / AJAX / Dojo (or jQuery) (2+ years all)
- JPA (prefer Hibernate) (3+ years)
- Flat file database experience (3+ years)
- One or more third party UI Component APIs (PrimeFaces, RichFaces, IceFaces, etc…) (3+ years)
- Custom JSF UI Component development (2+ years)
- Eclipse IDE
- Create fully functional (tested/bug free) code from high level design specifications as well as technical specifications (3+ years)
**NICE TO HAVE**
- IBM Notes & Domino
- Knowledge of open-source revision control/repositories: BitBucket, GitHub, etc…
The project work and time requirements are:
- Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week Monday – Friday (weekends can be worked when no meetings are required).
- Length: Approximately 2 months with potential for extensions.
- The team is split across multiple time-zones. A starting time of 4pm GMT is preferred.
- Lengthy Skype & TeamViewer working sessions with the other team members for design meetings, code review, and testing.
Along with your bid please include:
- A detail write-up outlining your experience and how it meets all of the required experience above
- Links to any public commerce / service oriented websites you developed using JSF
- Any links to external portfolios of JSF based applications you created
- How long you have been working with each of the technologies outlined above
This will be an exciting and challenging project for someone with experience implementing large scale JSF applications using multiple third-party APIs.