Illustrations for website/app for children
Project consists for drawing vector illustrations for a kids world, with specific characters.
The project consists of a website/mobile App for confectionary brand, aimed for kids 4-10 years old, and which products display cartoonish characters. We have 8 characters (some of the characters are twins/multiple with same shape but different colors), each one is associated with a specific confectionary product.
All characters are already drawn and available (2 characters, berries and car, are already drawn as vector, while for other only high resolution jpeg is available).
The website/mobile App that will allow kids to discover the world of 8 cartoonish characters, which includes the products.
The scope of the freelancer work is to produce the cartoonish assets required for the website.
Specific scope of work:
- After getting a good understanding of requirements, recommend a style for the drawings, set-up and get agreement on it (using either references or quick drawings).
- After the style is agreed, proceed with the development of the following assets for each of the 8 characters:
+ Drawing the characters as vector file (apart from 2 characters where the vector file is already available).
+ Drawing of the home page of the character, which consists of a specific place (like kids room, living room, park), with a number of details. We will provide a very specific brief for the place but will also welcome suggestions. Set will not be far from what is in the attached Wireframe of the website. Attached a file with details description for 3 of the sets.
+ Drawing of a static game or page that contains details and the characters. This could be a 7 differences game, or labyrinth or find the character in the set up. The Wireframe provides an idea about the current thinking on this.
+ Drawing a transparent gif animations of 15-20 image as animation of the character, which will live in the home page. Attached is few example of animations that will be required.
+ A small drawing of the characters in a simplied set-up based on the character home page, which will be used in the website home page (as seen in the Wireframe).
- Website should be working for both desktop and mobile. So the level of details should be such it work on small screen.
- Although the character drawings are more like 3D, we want the style of the drawings to be more 2D.
- All illustrations to be vector delivered as AI files.
- There is a reference to a game in V2 in the documents. This is an interactive game that will be developed and will be added to website at a later stage (apart from 1 characters where it will be from 1st stage). Drawing for this game is not part of the scope of this project.
- Wireframe of the website which explains the main ideas behind the characters places and static games.
- Characters drawings.
- File with description of some of the characters home pages set, and some gif animations.