Minor corrections to formatted book in Adobe InDesign + add-on at end
Hi Rose, Another round on the Metaphysical Odyssey Book, I hope you can do it. It is a very simple but two part job.
PART I. Minor corrections to corrected PDF
(1) to the acknowledgements (just to add a few names, will not add any pages)
(2) Replace the map of the Burned Over District (I have a fresh one without the typo)
(3) Add, on that same page, the map showing the Burned Over District in the context of North America (so both maps on the same page, just as you did for the Spanish edition)
(4) Replace the map of Mexico (I have a fresh one without the typo) and turn it on its side so it is bigger
(5) Insert a map of Mexico City. This is the one change so far that will move pages. It is for the third chapter of the book.
(6) In the bibliography, add one book. This will add two lines and so probably move things for the several pages of bibliography but, in the end, not add any new pages.
THEN, after these minor changes have been made, making sure nothing else got moved, what I want to do is add a thematic index. I have hired an indexer to do that and she says that once she has the final PDF, she can turn it around in about one week. So once I have her index, then that needs to be pasted on to the very end of the book (in other words, it will not move or change page numbers for the text already formatted). I don't know how many pages it will be exactly but usually indexes for a book this size come to about 15-20 pages in a somewhat smaller sized font in two columns.
I can supply the precise corrections and all the maps right away. Once I get the PDF corrected, I should be able to supply the index in a WORD doc within one week.
I made a few corrections to the Adobe InDesign file you supplied me with, but these were are very, very tiny (for example, a punctuation mark or one word) and none of them (I triple checked) moved any of the formatting of paragraphs or pages. I can also send this file immediately.