Create Book Interior in InDesign Per Specs
I will need the specs from a design in Word to be put into InDesign using Styles, etc. Then five chapters from the manuscript will need to be placed and styled for a sample. I will then need several rounds of modifications done to the design to finalize it.
The specs for the design are attached, along with what the design looks like in Word as well as the manuscript. Once the design has been created, I will need the following tweaks to be made and a new proof generated in a pdf for the client's review.
Trim size is 5.5 x 8.5
Margins: Top .07, Bottom .04, Inside .85, Outside .55, Header .04, Footer .02
1. Change indentation of indented blocks to be 0.4" from left margin; and 0.2" from right margin.
2. Please adjust the spacing to Chapter titles give a little more separation between chapter titles and body text? (use your own judgement)
3. Do not indent first paragraph of text following a scene break.
4. Choose a better-fitting typeface for the dates that are given at the beginning of selected chapters? Something less frilly and more constrained. (use your own judgement)
5. Reduce size of the author's name on the title page to something less prominent. Adjust positioning on the page if necessary.
6. Restore the position of the imprint (Salted Rose Press) to a slightly higher position.
7. Use caps and small-caps (e.g., CHRIS:, CHAGALL:) for IRC and selected other indented blocks