ITALIAN > CHINESE (SIMPLIFIED) Translation
We have an Italian phrasebook that we need to translate into Chinese (Simplified). It has a total of 120 phrases (about 367 words).
The content consists of everyday, commonly-used phrases that are heard in conversations between people.
Each phrase needs to be translated into Chinese, and some phrases would also need to be literally translated to show the actual sentence structure. The good thing is, if you are also fluent in English, you can refer to the English translation which has already been done, if it will help.
Ideally we need a native Chinese speaker who is fluent in Italian, but if you are a native Italian speaker (or you're bilingual) who is fluent in Chinese, we may reconsider.
There will be more work to do after this task, but for this project, we will just focus on this translation.
We will probably get 2 or more people involved with this, one for translating, and one for checking.
If possible, we'd like you to work through Google Sheets. Otherwise we'll send you the phrasebook in Excel format.
If you're interested in this job, please tell me:
1. Your background (eg., where you're from, grew up, etc.)
2. Which is your first language ('true' native language), and your level of competence for the other language
3. Your experience in translating IT to CN, or IT to EN
4. Your quote for the job if you TRANSLATE only
5. Your quote for the job if you CHECK only
6. Any other information you might think would help me want to choose you
We hope to get your best rate because there will be a lot more work after this that will need to be done with the phrasebook, and also a lot more stuff (scripts) to translate in the coming 12 months and more.