The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
We are looking for a Linux security expert to:
1. Analyze a forum that is hacked
2. Take action to protect the forum
3. Document your actions so that the owners of the forum can repeat the steps in the future
A quick turnaround is required.
* Hacked vBulletin 4.2.0 forum which we installed
* Running on Cent OS VPS running Apache, PHP with APC
* Most likely issue is lenient folder permissions
The hack consisted of (on several events):
* The existing .htaccess file being edited
* Additional .htaccess files created in sub-folders
When applying, please briefly state the most likely cause, in your opinion, of this hack.
Sign in or Register to see more