The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
We need an Android developer who is very familiar with the Android NDK and Media Player technology. We are currently focusing on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) but any work you do should also work on Android 4.0/4.1 as well.
We already have a developer working on the higher level Android development (such as GUI and core functionality) but we need to replace calling the standard MediaPlayer class and use our own custom built media player instead. It should support the following:
- Additional streaming protocols like RTMP, HLS, MMS, etc.
- All codecs like H.264, WMV, VP6, MPEG, etc
- Hardware decoding on the particular ARM based devices we are using
- DRM (we can talk about what we have in mind here)
- Carefully tuned buffering and cache settings
The media player should be developed in C/C++ language and should be compiled using Android NDK. It should provide APIs via JNI to top level applications. For example our application will be using these APIs to playback Live TV chann...
Sign in or Register to see more