With 1.7 million freelancers, we'll match you with the perfect talent.
The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
The goal of this project is to import a large number of XML & CSV documents and associated image files into a database in an automated manner. The project scope is to develop a database schema appropriate for the type and volume of data being entered, and then developing an importer tool to ingest the files into the database.
DTDs are available for the XML documents.
Here is a rough outline of how the importer should work:
1. Unpack a zip or tar file (provided)
2. Traverse subdirectories recursively
3. Unzip internal zip files within subdirectory
4. Import XML document
5. Import TIFF images (if any)
6. Fetch an ID from the XML record
7. Make "curl" or other mechanized HTTP request to fetch additional zip file from web.
8. If additional file exists, download zip
9. Unpack zip file
10. Import CSV files
11. Import PDF files (if any)
12. Commit information/record to database
• Recommendation of DB type to use (SQL vs. NoSQL), CouchDB preferred if you cons...
Sign in or Register to see more