The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
Boston, 02148, United States
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
We want to design (and eventually manufacture) a connector conceptually similar to Presto's Magnetic Deep Fryer Cord (though much smaller) and Apple's MagSafe power connector for a consumer hand-held electronic device.
We are looking for someone with the following knowledge and experience:
- general knowledge of small-scale electronics design and manufacturing
- working knowledge of plastics and metals (conductive and otherwise) typically used in consumer hand-held electronics and their manufacturing techniques
- good understanding of the electrical and physical characteristics of electronic/electrical connectors
- working knowledge of magnetic materials, especially electrically-conductive materials
- working knowledge of chemistry and physics involved with electrical connectors (connector wear and corrosion, stress points, etc)
- experience designing products with CAD and 3D software with an iterative, collaborative approach, from initial design through product manufacturing
Sign in or Register to see more