The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
Looking for a part-time Linux Administrator to take over our Infrastructure Operations. We have currently 13 servers (and growing) being hosted in Rackspace with a mixture of PHP, Java and Ruby on Rails apps running on Ubuntu with MySQL and Postgres databases. This role will be responsible to
- take over the setting up and maintaining both our production and non-production servers
- set up infrastructure and application level monitoring
- provide guidance and best practice of server setup (i.e. allocation of memory, disks, etc)
- work with development vendors maintain build books where automated deployment does not exist
New projects that needs to be tackled
- set up monitoring infrastructure
- set up security infrastructure (VPN, firewall, etc)
- automate current manual deployments
The 3 - 4 week period posted here is a trial period. The need is ongoing.
Sign in or Register to see more