With 1.7 million freelancers, we'll match you with the perfect talent.
The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
I am looking for someone with experience to develop a Linux based service or a software application. This process needs to
- Check two windows based application for current status (services running on that box, access to the box Web interface and ICMP access to box
- Redirect web request to the box that is currently the hot server
- If the current active server goes down the application needs to perform steps to change over to the other windows box. This would include
o Stopping services on the current box
o Synchronization of specific files from the hot server to the cold server
o Changing firewall rule on a 2008 server running SQL to reject requests from the cold server
Basically we would need the service or application to do these things on multiple boxes for the hot to cold swap to happen
1) Synchronize files from one server to another (Time Based)
2) Start, stop or restart services on other servers
3) Modify settings in local properties files (both text and XML)
Sign in or Register to see more