The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
We have a simulation software that produces maps, which are exported as .dbf, .shp, .shx, and .txt files and stored locally on our workstations, see attached example files. These maps shows the extent of oil on water in connection to simulated oil blowouts from offshore oil drilling. We have the MatLab Mapping toolbox
What I need to do with these maps is the following:
1. import these maps into matlab as GIS map-layers
2. extract the lat-long positons of the map corners
3. show the oil-maps together with a sea- and land-map we have stored/downloaded elsewhere on our workstation, in order to visually show the position of the oil
a. that is, combine several map layers into one map
b. be sure that the coordinate system for the oil map corresponds to the coordinate system used for sea- and land-maps, so that the oil is shown in a correct position relative to the sea- and land- maps
4. possibly alter the position of the outer frame of the combined map
5. possibly adding text-labels...
Sign in or Register to see more