The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
The goal of this project is to develop an easy to use backup client for MacOSX users. The application would :
- Allow the user to enter his credentials (username/password) for the backup server
- Allow the user to select directories and files to backup
- Allow the user to select the frequency of backups
- Automatically backup the data at the specified frequency using rsync over ssh
- Inform the user about the current backup progress and the status of older backups
The backup history will be stored on the server, some calls to a REST Web Service will therefore be needed.
As backups will be scheduled, the application will have to run as a background process. An icon in the menu bar will allow the user to see the status of the application and access it at any time.
Sign in or Register to see more