With 1.7 million freelancers, we'll match you with the perfect talent.
The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
* You are a Unix systems engineer who loves writing code, or a programmer who loves Unix and Internet systems engineering
* You are experienced in Linux and Solaris. You can write shell scripts, though you prefer to write puppet code instead. You know what 'ifconfig' is for. You know how to inspect running processes. You know how to diagnose routing issues on a multihomed server
* You are proficient in at least one programming language. On the operations side of the house, we use about 80% perl, 20% ruby, so our preference is for someone with a similar bent, but if You are mainly Java programmer who deeply groks Unix, we can make room
* You have used puppet, chef, or rolled your own high-level DSL for managing your systems. You know the value of abstractions but also know how to get to the underlying bits when needed
* You can communicate with other humans. You are able to talk with remote-hands outsourced offshored humans about how the machine is broken, and the sequence ...
Sign in or Register to see more