The client has made the following changes to the job.
Client prefers freelancers from:
Los Angeles, United States
You are still able to submit a proposal for this job.
The client prefers freelancers from
a different location.
I am in need of setting up either a Scheduled Task or a Windows Service to handle some very simple data manipulation and export/import of data within an SQL Server.
This application should export from a single database table into a CSV file on a shared network folder at regularly scheduled intervals.
This application should poll the same shared folder for new files that are to be imported back into 1 of 2 different tables in the database (a "success" and a "fail" table).
Some minor data manipulation will be required such as:
- Parsing of XML structured files prior to import
- Splitting of zip+4 field values into separate zip code and plus 4 fields
- Other such minor textual manipulation of the data
- The data is all address based content
The server environment is:
- Windows Small Business Server 2003, SP2
- SQL Server 2005, SP2
I am open to this application being either an executable that runs as a Scheduled Task, or installed as a Windows Service.
Sign in or Register to see more