Multi Thread Java - Existing Application Enhancements
Hello, thanks for reading my job spec.
I have a domain crawler application (crawls the internet looking for expired domains).
It finds the domains, adds them to a list and pulls back some stat's from Moz, Majestic and displays them on the screen.
It's pretty simple, but it is multi-threaded - so I want someone with prior experience who will be able to pick up the code and get running without an issue.
1) Addition of a Windows/Mac Installer - currently when I compile and build this project I get a .jar file, I want to be able to build and create an exe (most important) and a dmg (nice to have).
1.5) Automated updates - if I update the project, I'd like it to upgrade automatically on the client's computer. This will need adding.
2) Integrate with Easy Digital Downloads for licensing - I'll set this (https://easydigitaldownloads.com/extensions/software-licensing/) and I want the application to check for a valid license before starting. If there is no valid license, put a link to a page where they can purchase a license. I'll do the whole server side set up for you, so just tie into the API for licence validation.
3) Splash Screen - I'd like a splash screen when the app is loading.
4) Obfuscation - Implement some code obfuscation so that the compiled output is a little harder to decompile. I know this is easy to get around if someone is determined, but I wanted just a simple layer of protection adding.
5) Update/Improve the Front End. Currently it's functional but a bit ugly (see screen shot) - Please make the application look a little more polished and presentable.
6) Add right click menu for list items - Currently, double clicking a found domain opens Open Site Explorer, I'd like to add the option to right click on a domain (there is an existing 'Refresh Metrics' menu item) and add commands to open Majestic and Archive.org
7) Test Settings functionality - Because it uses a bunch of API's, I want a simple button in the settings screen that will do a quick run through with a domain that I know is available to test that the two domain availability APIs are working, and that we receive data from Moz and Majestic without issue. This will allow users to quickly test everything is set up and working as expected before running a long crawl.
8) When I pull back Majestic data the app just checks http://domain.com - I need the application to check https and non https as well as www and non www and retrieve the highest value. I would like to display the version that had the highest value in a tool tip when you hover over the TF and CF value on the table.
That's all that I need for this project - this will be ongoing work, so if you are fairly priced and competent and timely there will be regular enhancements and additions to this project based on feedback from the initial group of users.
Hopefully I can find a great developer who is looking for regular 'smaller' blocks of work!
Oh and one last thing the code is in Mercurial and built using Eclipse, I'd like to keep using this set up and would appreciate any advice on creating a more robust build environment.
Any questions, feel free to ask.