Convert Java command line program to Applet
We have a Java command line file uploader program (written in several languages actually) at http://project.ibroadcast.com (the iBroadast Simple Uploader).
We would like an Applet created which will run in all the major browsers current version (Chrome, Safari, FF and IE) and on Windows, Linux and Mac. If this is possible. We know there are limitations with Java Applets on different platforms/browsers (especially now with Chrome). Please specify these limitations (which browsers and platforms you can and cannot support).
You can also download our MediaSync lite app for Windows, Mac or Linux from our website to use as a reference. The applet should have nearly same functionality and UI. The applet will also be called MediaSync lite.
We have mockups of UI here:
We will also need the Applet signed (this is an involved process as you know, we will provide you a certificate so you can sign it. Self-sign during testing).
The existing Java code on project.ibroadcast.com can be used or you can write from scratch. There is one major change from the java code however, the Applet must be threaded to allow for simultaneous uploads (up to 6, default to 4, see UI mockups or MediaSync lite for implementation of this).
Create a free iBroadcast account at http://media.ibroadcast.com for testing.
The basic steps are:
1. Log in with a username/password into iBroadcast
2. Capture the supported file types from the server
3. Use user_id and token for subsequent requests returned from initial request
4. Get md5 listing of user's files (songs in their library) from iBroadcast server
5. Find supported music files locally, display in UI
6. Upload files to iBroadcast via http/post
7. Skip songs already uploaded (via md5 compare)