We are looking for a detailed orientated developer who will take this application and add a few enhancements, cleanup the code, put in place functionality we have existing in a mobile application and make the code more modular.
The UI is implemented using Kendo UI and it is expected that the developer is an expert in this library and its usage including data sources, styling and etc.
It is expected that the developer will use all Kendo in this project and not introduce any additional third party libraries unless approval is provided.
It is expected that any code provided will run on chrome, safari, firefox and IE and will be tested on both Windows and Mac.
1. There are a number of JSON Object Arrays downloaded from the server after a user logs onto the server. During the logon process these Data Objects need to be placed in local storage and retrieved from local storage and put into kendo data sources for binding to control when used in the application. During program execution and selection of applications, forms and etc key values used in filtering will be saved to local storage. Code will be provided to model from.
2. The logon screen needs to be changed to a popup Kendo window that is placed in the center of the current browser window. The reason is so other web sites can link to our site more easily. Also files (js, html and css) related to the existing logon screen will be removed to clean up the project. Also when the user is waiting for logon validation and data to be downloaded an obvious what wait cursor / progress screen will be shown to the user.
3. Currently when an application is selected there is a tab system that shows different types of data and reports. The tabs will be eliminated and moved to the menu. Attached is a PDF that shows the new menu design and how it will be implemented.
4. There is a dynamic form that is created when various functions are selected. The form is basically the same but has different behaviors depending on where it is called from. This form is driven from a JSON Object Array and needs to have several modifications listed below:
- The kendo form should be a movable window.
- Input fields on the form set as read only should have a grey background so a user can easily distinguish between editable and non editable fields.
- Existing field type of list needs to have a combo associated with it and a data source applied to it using all Kendo controls. The data source is one of the JSON Data Objects downloaded during logon and will be placed in a Kendo Data Source and filtered based on the app, form and field. Sample code can be provided.
- Existing field type of camera and signature will have a file upload control associated with the field. The user will have the ability to upload an image file and have that file shown in the current image control. When the form is saved the image will be converted into a base 64 string and sent to the server in the JSON payload.
5. There is a grid that just shows the data in text format. The grid needs to be changes to support the same field types controls that are placed on the form. For example a password field is shown as text and not hidden as a normal password field.
The order of deliverables needs to be in the order we specify unless you get prior approval. You must test your code prior to delivery.
It is expected that this project will be done within 3 weeks or agreed upon timeframe and there will be a penalty agreed upon that will be worked into the payment milestones that will be forfeit of not completed.