Need 1-5 medical writers with journals access to summarize aquatic research
Great. I have a topic in mind that is longer than 1500 will handle. So, instead of doing 1500 words for $50, I will fund a 2250 word project for $75.
NOTE: This is different from last time. Do NOT include the protocols or exercise description in this 2250 word count. I will pay an extra $25 if you include (as a separate document) all the protocols or exercise programs performed (with their citation), saved as a word document. This document can be submitted after the first document if you are running out of time, but the main article needs to be submitted by Friday.
Here are the details. Please read, especially the material on what NOT to include. If you accept this, I will fund now. Thanks again for your interest.
Purpose: To describe the effect of aquatic therapy or exercise on patients with back pain. Note: We are NOT interested in material on any other diagnoses for this paper. This paper should be drawn from research on the "back pain" population (it can be low back, thoracic or cervical). I will provide some citations and they should serve as a good example of the kind of research we are interested in. You will need to find more. Please do not just use the abstract for your details. I'd rather have good intelligence about the results and discussion on fewer studies than an overview of dozens of abstracts.
Topics to be included:
1. Introduction to topic (back pain). Include demographics, risk factors, other interesting tidbits. No more than 15% words of total.
2. Using the "results" section of recent research, describe the author's findings and make an evidence-based case for using aquatic therapy in the population. 40% or so
3. Using the "discussion" section of research, describe the clinical "pearls" that the authors suggest. These should be related to physical therapy practice. How does their research impact the PT and his patient? 45% or so
Please do NOT include:
1. Info on history of aquatics
2. Descriptions or definitions of the kinds of techniques, such as Ai Chi or Halliwick or Watsu, available for treatment in the water (unless the info is an important part of the research protocol)
3. Info on the special properties of water (buoyancy, viscosity, drag,etc) unless it is part of the discussion points made by the authors. We have an extensive section already done on this
1. 2250 word document (plus 20+ references, AMA format) saved as MS Word document, in Times New Roman, 11 point font, single spaced, 1" margins. References must be no more than 8 years old unless you ask. Paper must be original content and is considered work for hire. Tone should be academic, active in voice, not stuffy, with an eye towards helping the PT treat patients with skill and knowledge.
2. Upload of the source documents (saved as PDFs) or a link to full-text if the journal is an open access journal. If you do not have access to journals, please don't bid on the job as I am looking for more in-depth information than an abstract will give.
1. I will provide some citations that should be included in the material. If you absolutely cannot find the papers I suggest, you can substitute an equivalent one (same topic and within the 8 year limit).
2. A good place to look is www.pedro.com.au
3. Another good place to look is www.scholar.google.com. On google, you can tell right away if the article has a full text html or PDF attached to it.
4. Here are some search terms that you might use for a search. "aquatic therapy" OR "aquatic exercise" OR "water exercise" OR "water therapy" OR "pool therapy" OR "hydrotherapy" OR "aquatic physiotherapy" OR "aquatic occupational therapy" OR "aquatic rehabilitation" OR "therapeutic pool"
Deadline: March 21