Back Yard Landscape Design
We enjoy our back yard but the area around the back of the house feels a bit "messy." we have weeds along the house, areas where grass gets killed off by foot traffic, and no where to set up our outdoor fire pit without burning the grass.
We're looking for a "fresh idea" of what we can do with our back yard, while keeping the cost of construction of the design as low as possible, while still meeting our requirements.
What we want:
* A patio area where we can sit and relax and have our outdoor fire pit
* Replacement of what is currently bare patches mixed with grass, dirt and weeds near the house with...something else. Maybe this is plantings and stone; we're not sure.
* Solving the high traffic area at the base of the stairs -- we don't want it to be grass since we have a dog, and the grass gets killed by the foot traffic
* Some sort of walkway from the back deck to the driveway near the garage. This can be something low-cost, such as flagstones and grass.
* Any proposed plantings should thrive in Northeast United States. We are in zone 6a http://planthardiness.ars.usda.gov/PHZMWeb/#.
Attached are some satellite views as well as some pictures of what it looks like now. Existing irrigation system head locations are indicated.
Note that we store wood in the area with the wood racks in the pictures, but only in the fall and winter.
Please describe what you'd provide for your proposed price. I.e. sketch, 3D rendering, etc. Also please tell us how many rounds of revisions are included.
Also please tell us if you'd be able to describe a) whether the construction can be broken down into multiple phases and b) a rough estimate of the expected construction cost for Northeast United States.
Please feel free to ask us questions!