Growth Hacking/Marketing/Lead Generation for eCommerce Site - Hourly
Please read carefuly
1) CUT AND PASTE proposals will not be considered. So dont bother.
2) Type 'locked and loaded' as your first line of you proposal
3) Add links to any portfolio projects (make sure they are LINKS and not downloadable files)
4) Briefly explain your related experience (1 or 2 sentences)
5) Briefly explain any strategies you might have to achieve the goal (1 or 2 sentence)
6) Your proposal will also follow this numbering format.
We are looking for an expert growth hacker/marketer/webscraper to help with building a community for our commerce site.
Our vision is to build a community of curated 'makers' who use CNC (Computer Numerical Control) mills to create beautiful pieces of art. CNC is another form of 3D printing, instead of printing material, you cut it away. See here: http://bit.ly/1LZ3tJb
So you take a sheet of wood/metal/plastic and can turn it into anything you can design. Here are some examples.
Every school/university/makerspace/prototyping business in the world will end up with one, yet there's no place for people to buy/sell their models.
Nowadays you can take 3D models, cut them into slices and make anything out of any material.
5-axis machines are next, you can then do anything without slicing.
So the goal is 'let's make the marketplace for all CNC talent & content'.
The site is:
The goal is to build a site that showcases the best talent in the world, sell their models and selling the machines. A machine can cost from about $2,000 to $50,000 so there's money in there.
Achieve the goal in 2 phases
Phase 1: Build a community of 'makers' (people who have the skills and experience and access to CNC). Some examples of strategies:
- Research and brainstorm ideas to go after:
- Pinterest.com (http://bit.ly/1hFPafw), Etsy.com (http://etsy.me/1QcCys0), Thingverse (http://bit.ly/1QcD1uh) Reaching out to the most active people posting CNC designs and encourage them to post their work on our platform.
- Invite bloggers to post their blogs or syndicate on our platform.
- Other places to get a community of makers:
- forums, schools/universities/techincal institutes (Urban Workshop) that have CNC related courses
GOAL OF PHASE 1: Be the leading CNC site (most live/current/rich content and forums),
Phase 2 - Build the demand side of the marketplace.