Linux Systems Administrator
Looking for highly experienced Linux System Admin for following:
Administer: Handle tasks such as system monitoring, installs, upgrades, and disaster recovery.
Architect: Create, Maintain and evolve our automated machine build/install processes.
Evaluate: Experiment with new hardware and software products and services.
Monitor: Build and maintain infrastructure to measure system performance and availability - to detect problems and minimize down time and the impact of failures.
Interact: Cooperate with application-level support staff, network engineers and software developers to build a fast, flexible and reliable trading infrastructure.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in a Linux Administrator role.
- Familiarity with BitBucket
- BS (or better) in Computer Science required.
- Deep understanding of the Linux Kernel and Operating System. You can and have readily rebuilt the kernel, and understand menuconfig thoroughly. You can describe/proc,/etc/sysctl.conf, nstat -a, IP, udev, how the Kernel uses the MMU, ext4, the difference between RDIMM and UDIMM, the state of the art in Intel Xeon processors, etc., etc., in gross detail.
- Programming expertise: (Perl -- Python -- Ruby) & Shell) Scripting experience.
- Solid understanding of network protocols, such as DNS and SNMP as well as the lower level protocols IP, UDP, TCP, and multicast UDP.
- Systems monitoring familiarity.
- Excellent communication and socialization skills.
- Demonstrates a passion for technology.
- Deciphering this will come easy to you, and the message applies: 56 20 74 62 67 20 67 75 72 20 66 78 76 79 79 6d