Country Manager, Ukraine
Are you highly entrepreneurial and have a vast personal network? Are you ambitious and driven by results and success? Do you want to work for a global market leader, and do something that has an impact on other people's lives?
Then Elance-oDesk, the world's largest online workplace, is looking for you. With the leading online work marketplaces Elance.com and oDesk.com, we serve over 2.5 million businesses and 8 million freelancers worldwide. We are successfully pioneering a new and better way to work by enabling businesses and freelancers across the globe to connect, work together, and grow their professional success.
As our Country Manager in Ukraine you help us raise awareness of online work, bring more skilled professionals and freelancers from Ukraine and surrounding countries to our platforms and support them in exploring the opportunities of working online with businesses all over the world.
• Grow the number of skilled freelancers, primarily with technical and design skills, successfully providing their services on Elance and oDesk
• Develop and execute innovative recruiting programs that attract top freelancers for the most sought after jobs on the Elance and oDesk platforms
• Organize and conduct educational programs to train freelancers on how to succeed on Elance and oDesk
• Increase awareness through marketing and PR activities
• Evangelize the benefits of online work and Elance-oDesk to current and potential freelancers, primarily those with technical and design skills, through promotional and educational events and workshops at universities, in technology and freelancer communities and meetup groups.
• Recruit freelancers, agencies and smaller consulting firms to provide their services on the Elance and oDesk platforms
• Build and manage a team of Elance-oDesk freelancer mobilizers
• Collaborate with a local PR agency and HQ communication team to raise awareness of Elance-oDesk through coverage in leading media
• Develop and implement a strategy for attracting, acquiring and engaging skilled professionals, freelancers and agencies via compelling, useful and distinctive content.
• Source and speak at third-party events and conferences on tactical and strategic opportunities of working online
• Develop and work with a network of partners through which Elance-oDesk can attract more skilled professionals, freelancers and agencies
• Coordinate, design and conduct on-site workshops, trainings and on-boarding sessions to introduce current and potential freelancers and agencies to Elance-oDesk
• Build relationships with emerging and established freelancer and agencies, and collect input on how Elance-oDesk can continue to improve its online platforms and offering
• Identify and work with local influencers that can help evangelize Elance-oDesk to local freelancers and agencies
• Strong knowledge of and network in the local freelancing scene and tech industry
• Solid understanding of current and trending technologies and skills related to web and mobile app development and design
• Experience in organizing great events or meetups
• Experience in successful and engaging public speaking
• Excellent writing, copywriting and editing skills.
• Entrepreneurial attitude – you know that building success is hard, but fun work
• Extrovert and outgoing personality with a great sense of humor
• Ability to work alone, but liaise with colleagues in different time zones around the world
• A roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic.
• Good judgment and an absence of ego in your decision-making.
• Experience with Elance, oDesk or other online work platforms preferred, but not necessary