Primary Market Research in Australia
We are looking for a company or professional who can conduct focused market research, by developing and executing an online questionnaire to around 400 tradespeople in Australia, and from the results of the questionnaire, produce a comprehensive report to fulfill the objectives outlined below.
We want to understand current purchase behaviour amongst tradespeople 'tradies' in Australia, such as, who is going to retailers versus direct to the manufacturer/distributor, and attitudes towards a direct route option (and the potential for the Ox business). In addition to this, understand current brand awareness, brand perceptions (strengths and weaknesses), brand usage (and reasons for purchase), satisfaction with tools/brands and likelihood to recommend.
I work for a business consulting firm in Australia, and am doing this work for a client of ours. This is not for our business, but for a client, namely, Ox Group International Pty Ltd. See www.oxgroup.com.au. This service is likely to continue, meaning we are looking to develop a long-term partnership with a successful candidate!
Factors to consider:
• Ensure a good mix of trades are covered; i.e. builders, brickies, carpenters, plasterers, tilers etc.
• Allow for national representation (targeted to all states), and the ability to split results by sub groups (i.e. state, trades)
• Ensure a mix of individual, medium and large corporations
Questionnaire to cover:
• Who they are (demographics etc)
• Specific trade, experience and training level
• Awareness of specific brands
• Brands purchased
• Views towards key brands which they own – key strengths and weaknesses of each
• Specific OX products purchased
o Reasons for purchase
o Satisfaction with Ox tools on a range of attributes including quality, value, functionality, aesthetics, etc.
o Likelihood to recommend
o Specific likes and improvements
• If aware of Ox but haven't purchased: View on Ox brand, comparison to their main brands, why they haven't purchased Ox products etc.
• Where they currently shop and why
• Understand the use and extent of direct purchasing and attitudes towards this. Specifically understand the potential for Ox tools.
• Questionnaire duration to be about 10 minutes.
Requirements for applying:
1. Preferably a company/firm.
2. You have good experience in conducting surveys & focused market research.
3. You are a good communicator, fluent in English written and oral.
4. You have capacity and resource to conduct multiple of these research tasks.
5. You are responsible, honest, accurate, quality-conscious, self-driven
6. Please advise your availability for a GoToMeeting (gotomeeting.com) to discuss the job.
Please submit some great-quality sample work that you have done, similar to this job.
Please type the work 'KRAM' at the start of your proposal.