Material engineering or product design consultant needed for textile fabric
I need to select or create a textile fabric material with some desired properties.
The material will be used to create a glove-like apparel that snugly fits in the user's fingertips.
"Attachement 1" shows the basic idea of the product I need to create.
The main properties of the material are:
1. Should not conduct any electricity
2. Resistant to static electricity buildup
3. Stretchable, elastic, flexible
4. Thin so that it facilitates finger manipulation
5. Commercially available or relatively easy to custom-manufacture
What I would need from the hired consultant is:
1. A list of options of materials that would possess these properties.
2. The basic features (no need to be overly detailed) of the materials recommended. May include pros and cons.
2. Recommendations regarding using commercially available versus custom-made materials
3. If possible, links to companies and/or websites that feature the materials or that can custom-make the fabric.
4. Other recommendations and suggestions at the discretion of the consultant.
The following videos demonstrate fingertip gloves that have material properties similar to the ones I need WITH THE EXCEPTION that my fingertip glove will not have any sort of sensors and in fact needs to be electrically neutral.
Attachment 2 has some other ideas as well as the following link http://theglovesproject.com/data-gloves-overview/
I am aware of several options which include latex, neoprene, spandex, among others.
What I need from this consultancy is expert advice about which are the best options given the requirements above.
The final job could be submitted in the form of a report in Word format, including links and your remarks as an expert.
If you have any other questions please feel free to respond.