Add Shipping Options by Product to osCommerce Build
We require a new option to be available to admins when editing a product. Some products do not fit in USPS flat-rate envelopes, for example, so we would like to prevent customers from selecting this shipping method for those products. Likewise, we would like the option to turn on and off various shipping methods for other products, based on a variety of factors. We would prefer to keep the selection manual, in order to keep cost of development low. We would prefer that the configuration for each product's shipping options be done at each product's edit page, near the bottom of the page where the product weights are listed.
We know there are open source add-ons available to allow the admin to select between various shippers (turning on and off USPS, FedEx, UPS, etc.) but we need much finer control (down to the individual shipping option types: e.g. Priority Large Box, Priority Medium Box, Priority Flat Rate Envelope, etc.) for this revision.
1. Must be compatible with osCommerce version 2.3.1
2. All shipping options under USPS must be available to be set/omitted by ADMIN user, preferably from the individual product editing page.
3. Customer must ONLY see options that were selected.
4. If NO shipping options are selected for a product, then ALL shipping options must be available for that product. (Default to "all available")
5. Database modification is expected. Please keep changes limited to one table, if possible.
Site is at http://www.osc.faireladiesfairelords.com/
A backup of the site and database can be provided for you to do development. We would prefer that you complete the revision offline and then publish it to our host when it is completed and functional, rather than doing debugging on our live site.
P.S. If I cannot understand your proposal, I will ignore it. If you do not address my requirements, I will ignore it.