PLESK LINUX 3rd Line Technical Server Support (Ad Hoc / Occasional)
Please read carefully to understand the requirements.
We require a 3rd line support representative to aid in technical support issues with our PLESK LINUX installations on CentOS. This contract will suit an Elance company that already has a small portfolio of clients and would be happy to take us a 'as and when required' client. At current, we cannot commit to guaranteed spend each week.
- MUST have fast and reliable internet connection.
- MUST be available to work during business hours of country of residence.
- MUST have static IP Address - we cannot allow access to our systems via dynamic addressing.
- MUST be reliable and responsive to support requests. Can understand urgent issues and willing to help support in critical.
- Content to work on a ad-hoc basis - no guaranteed weekly income can be offered at this time.
- Content to use the Helpdesk Software we provide and communicate using our email addresses and tools.
- Content with occasional customer and supplier contact (via email) to progress incidents/problems.
- Content to sign and adhere to our Confidentiality agreement.
Core technical requirements for the role:
- Excellent understanding of Parallels PLESK 12 for LINUX running on CentOS.
- Excellent understanding of CentOS Operating System and LAMP stack.
- Excellent understanding of NGINX, POSTFIX, IMAP and POP services.
- Substansive understanding of pragmatic security for LINUX Systems.
PLEASE NOTE: Access to servers cannot be granted. The Elancer will be provided symptoms, log files, configuration files and extra details and is expected to help our technicians fix and implement. Do not apply if you are uncomfortable working in this advisory way. Of course, as the relationship matures and trust builds, access will be reviewed.
Once you have read carefully, please do not hesitate to ask further questions. The contract is two-way and has to work for you as much as it does for us.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.