Contest: What Does “The New Way To Work” Mean To You?Elance_Alex | Sep 01, 2009
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Answer this question: What Does “The New Way To Work” Mean To You? If you’re a writer, write a story that tells us how you are a part of this new world of work. If you’re a graphic designer, design something. Videographer? Video something. Developer? Create an app. You get the picture. As an entrant, you are free to enter your Submission in any format you choose so long as it can be published to the Web.
2. Publish your submission (complete with email address) to where you see fit – this may be your personal blog, a YouTube page, a Flickr account, Facebook profile – anywhere you think your message will inspire and excite the community.
3. Once your submission has been posted via the method of your choice, announce it to the world! Use Twitter, Facebook, Digg, MySpace, Vator.tv, or any other channel to share your creative work and message to the world.
4. We’ll be keeping our antenna up on a wide variety of channels for great contest submissions. (Our Facebook Page and Twitter hash tag #new_way_to_work are hot spots, but feel free to get our attention by publishing anywhere – the more you shout, the more we notice!)
5. During the contest, we will highlight the most creative, innovative and inspiring entrants on the Elance blog. After narrowing the contestants to a set of 10 finalists on December 7, 2009, the Grand Prize winner will be selected by Elance and an elite panel of judges, including Tim Ferris, John Jantsch, and Tory Johnson on December 14, 2009.
One Grand Prize Winner will receive one year of health insurance premiums paid for by Elance valued up to $10,000 (if you are a U.S. Citizen and eligible to receive health insurance), or the option of $10,000 in cash.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Elance’s “The New Way To Work” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to only to individuals who are, as of September 1, 2009, at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction within which they reside at time of the start of the contest. Entrants must have Internet access during the duration of the contest to participate. Entrants must also be the rightful owner of the e-mail address, as determined by the name associated to the account during registration, identified in the Entrant’s submission. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and their respective household members, of Elance, Inc. ("Elance"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter. U.S. law governs this Contest.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, Eligible Participants are to publish their entries complete with name, email address, and Elance User ID (if applicable) to the website or service of their choice in the format of choice, so long as it is public and readily available to view by any person with an Internet connection. Once published, entries must remain online and public throughout the duration of the contest. Users are to then notify Elance via Twitter (hash tag #new-way-to-work) or Elance’s Facebook Page to make their Submission official. Entries must have a timestamp of later than September 1, 2009, 12:00:00 am. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm PT on December 1, 2009. NONCONFORMING ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Elance shall not be obligated to but may in its sole discretion notify an Entrant of any nonconformity or defect in a Submission, and invite the Entrant to resubmit prior to the deadline for Submissions.
3. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: On December 7, Elance will accept submissions and select a group of 10 finalists based on three criteria: Creativity and Originality, Quality of the Message, and Inspiration to the Community. Once the ten finalists are selected, a panel of four judges, (Tim Ferris, John Jantsch, Tory Johnson, and Elance) will determine the Grand Prize Winner from among the ten finalist by judging entries on the previous three criteria based on a 30 point scale (10 points per category.) Finalists and the Grand Prize Winners will be announced on the Elance Blog in early December, 2009.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: You hereby grant to Elance the right in perpetuity to republish or display the Submission in any manner Elance may see fit and for any purpose whatsoever, without limitation of any kind. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you grant Elance the unrestrained rights to utilize the Submission in connection with Elance’s advertising, publicity, public displays, and exhibitions. You consent to the use of your name, Elance User ID (if available) and business descriptive materials for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Elance, or a party designated by Elance, including but not limited to, any online announcements, without additional notice or compensation. You will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Elance against any damage, cost, loss or expense arising from a claim, suit or proceeding brought against Elance alleging that your Submission: (i) infringes upon any intellectual property rights or (ii) misappropriates any trade secrets, of any third party. You agree that any and all disputes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California. You agree that the conditions of submission set forth in these Official Rules, and all documents and agreements incorporated in these Official Rules by reference, solely govern the relationship between you and Elance in connection with this Contest.
5. PRIZES: One Grand Prize Winner will win one year’s reimbursement of health insurance premiums paid for by Elance worth up to $10,000, or the option of an alternative $10,000 cash prize. The health insurance premium prize is only available to those currently living in the United States and that also continue to do so throughout the 2010 calendar year. To select the health insurance premium prize, Grand Prize winner must also already be eligible for health insurance. Health insurance premiums are paid for by the Grand Prize winner and then is reimbursed by Elance.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS ELANCE INC. AND OUR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES") FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT ELANCE HAS NOT MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, ELANCE DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE ELANCE SITE AND ELANCE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. THESE TERMS GIVE YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. THE PROVISIONS REGARDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE VOID IN SOME PROVINCES WHERE IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE PRESCRIBED BY LAW. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, damaged, or stolen entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by Elance, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user's system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Elance reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest, or modify these Official Rules at any time without notice, if in the Elance’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In such event, Elance may void any entries it suspects are at issue and award prizes from among all eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ELANCE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM OR PURSUE INTERNAL, LEGAL, ADMINISTRATIVE, OR JUDICIAL ACTION AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Elance's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Elance reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Elance reserves the right to terminate that entrant's eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this competition via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in the IP address and all entries from that IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
7. WINNERS' LIST: For the names of the winners and finalists, available after December 31, 2009, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 31, 2010 to: ELANCE “THE NEW WAY TO WORK” Contest Winners, 441 Logue Avenue, Mountain View, CA, 94043.
8. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The sponsor and administrator of this Contest is Elance, Inc., 441 Logue Avenue, Mountain View, CA, 94043.
© Copyright 2009 Elance, Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules solely for purposes of the Contest not for any other commercial purpose whatsoever.