Infographic: How Small Businesses Use and Lose TimeElance_Keith | Sep 23, 2011
If you own your own business, you surely know how difficult it can be to find enough time in the work day. Earlier this week, Intuit posted an interesting infographic on information they've compiled on small business owners, their work habits, and the ways they're trying to increase productivity with their limited hours. Some highlights:
- The top goal for small business owners in the upcoming year is to use their time more efficiently.
- In August 2011, small business hourly employees worked an average of 108 hours, roughly a 25-hour work week.
- Alternatively, 46% of small business owners report working more than 40 hours a week.
- 50% of small businesses revaled that knowledge workers spend about half of their day on necessary but unproductive tasks. Perhaps they could hire a Virtual Assistant?
- 36% spent forwarding emails and doing follow-up, dealing with spam and unsolicited calls
- 14% spent contacting people and finding information
- Bnet.com lists Elance as one of 12 tools that can help small business save time and money.
To view the full infographic, please visit Intuit here.
We've discussed how Elance can help small businesses, from the point when an entrepreneur takes an idea to execution to helping existing businesses save money and increase resources. For small business owners looking to make the most of their time and resources, here are some hand-picked pieces of advice from the Elance Blog:
- 10 Key Online Hires For Your Startup
- Three Great Ideas for Your Small Business
- 40 Entrepreneur Blogs You Should Be Reading
- CEOTraining.com: How to Use Elance To Grow Your Business
- What Is The Best Online Hire For A Startup?
- The No Overhead Startup: Tools For Building Your Business In The Cloud