Nielsen State of the Media: The Social Media ReportElance_Keith | Sep 26, 2011
In a recently published slideshow, The Nielsen Company showed that social media's popularity continues to grow, particularly using mobile technology, which is continued good news for developers and app makers across the board, in addition to social media marketers.
Some highlights from their findings:
- Social networks and blogs continue to dominate Americans’ time online, now accounting for nearly a quarter of total time spent on the Internet.
- Social media has grown rapidly – today nearly 4 in 5 active Internet users visit social networks and blogs.
- Close to 40 percent of social media users access social media content from their mobile phone.
- Across a snapshot of 10 major global markets, social networks and blogs reach over three-quarters of active Internet users.
- U.S. internet users spend more time on Facebook than any other web brand (Blogger, Tumblr, Twitter, LinkedIn).
To view the full slideshow, including figures on social media demographic breakdowns, please visit Nielsen's site here.
Looking to improve social media marketing for your business or personal brand? Find a social media marketing professional on Elance!