5 + 1 Questions With Elance Staffer, Katie Castro.e_darrellj | Sep 13, 2013
1. What’s your job here at Elance?
Answer: I manage the Global Payments group at Elance. I handle the processing of inbound and outbound payments across multiple platforms and in multiple currencies. In addition, I work diligently to reduce overall fraud risk.
2. What do you like most about working at Elance?
Answer: I’ve worked at Elance for 13 years and have to say I love seeing how Elance has grown as a company and had a positive impact on so many users worldwide. I’ve also formed some very close friendships with my colleagues that are priceless!
3. How do you Work Differently?
Answer: I prefer to work in the office, but appreciate that I have the flexibility to work from home when my children are sick or have a day off school.
4. What songs are now on heavy rotation as you’re working-away?
Answer: Music keeps me sane! A random shuffle on my IPod came up with these ten:
- Lantern by Motorama
- Manda una Senal by Maná
- Bad Love by White Lies
- Terror! By The Rakes
- From What I Once Was – Neverending White Lights
- Heart and Soul by Joy Division
- Royals by Lorde
- I Call Your Name - Switch
- Ride by Lana Del Rey
- In Silence by Catpeople
5. When you’re not working, what do you enjoy doing?
Answer: As a mother of two active children, I spend most of my weekends on a soccer field watching their games. I do not play soccer, but I am on a co-ed dodgeball team and enjoy obstacle/mud runs. I unwind by hiking, reading dystopian novels and spending time with my husband and friends (usually over food).
6. (Bonus question!) OK, ask yourself anything. No subject is off the table.
My question: What is your favorite time of year?
Answer: Fall! I love seeing the changes in the trees, feeling the crisp air and of course, Halloween.